Test Your Home for Harmful Radon
Know if you & your family are at risk

What is Radon?

Radon is a naturally occurring, radio-active gas. It is caused by the decay of uranium in rocks and sub-soils. Away from buildings, there is no risk as the radon disperses naturally. But inside buildings, things can be different. Buildings draw radon in through cracks and poor foundations and through differential air pressure – and then, because they are enclosed spaces, they concentrate the gas to dangerous levels.

Radon has no odour. It cannot be seen or tasted. It cannot be detected by human senses alone. Furthermore, radon can also exist in water.

Nevertheless, the presence of radon can be confirmed using tests and the amount of any radon present can also be measured.

LeeTherm Nationwide Killusty Fethard Co. Tipperary   Phone: 052 6131550   Email: info@leetherm.ie

Irish Web Design by Copper Reed Studio